What are your principles? A listening exercise
What are you principles? How do they affect decisions you make at work? We hear of large corporations and governmental corruption so often that I wonder: “What happened to these people’s principles? When did they stop caring?”
Would you not take a job based on your principles? Would you stand up to your boss based on your principles? Where do you draw the line?
Listen to Morgan Freeman discuss losing job opportunities based on his principles, then see if you can answer the questions.
Answer the questions below in comments, and we’ll respond.
1. How often did Morgan Freeman go to the movies?
2. What observation does he make about disaster movies from this period?
3. Why didn’t he get much work in the early 80’s?
4. ______ to say, I didn’t get that job.
5. How did he feel about the movie ‘Glory’? Why?
6. What does he need in his acting roles?
7. What type of roles or movies does he refuse to take part in?
Tell us about corruption in your country. What causes corruption? Do you have a solution?