Obama Talks to the U.S. World Cup Team (English Listening Exercise)
We’re still sad to see the team USA out of the world cup, but it is exciting that football, or here in the states soccer, has become so much more popular. This world cup is the first time the United States seems to have been watching and excited.
Even President Barack Obama noticed, and decided to call the players after they lost to Belgium. Check out this interview with Obama and our key players, then try the exercises.
<iframe src=”http://www.washingtonpost.com/posttv/c/embed/c0951650-02ab-11e4-866e-94226a02bc8d” width=”480″ height=”290″ frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen=”allowfullscreen”></iframe>
1. I just wanted to call and say that you ____ us ______.
2. What was Obama’s first sport?
3. They captured the _______ and _______ of the whole country.
4. The sport’s been growing _______.
5. Time I don’t know how you’re going to survive the _____ when you come back home.
6. How do the players carry themselves?
7. I hope I get the chance to _____ you _____ again, sometime soon.
Penalties Round: Practice your conditionals with Tim Howard!
<iframe src=”http://www.washingtonpost.com/posttv/c/embed/632d6c24-0238-11e4-8bb2-6b921949ecfa” width=”480″ height=”290″ frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen=”allowfullscreen”></iframe>
Name 6 things Tim Howard could save!