Could this be the new iPhone 6? – English Listening Exercise
So, if you pay much attention to technology, you probably know that people, and especially tech bloggers, get a little crazy around September, when Apple traditionally announces the newest version of it’s iPhone.
The “leaks” get especially crazy. A leak, in this context, is private information that is unintentionally made public. Every year, there are leaked photos and videos with information and opinions about what we should expect with the newest iPhone.
The video below is a pretty hilarious and ridiculous “spoof” of iPhone leak videos. The actor in the video uses a lot of great idiomatic expressions and constructions that you’ll only hear in spoken English. We used several of these in the exercises after the video.
<iframe src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/34T80iLYojk” width=”560″ height=”315″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=”allowfullscreen”></iframe>
Listening Exercise (Write your answers in comments and we’ll respond):
1. Thank you guys again for _____ __.
2. What does the phrasal verb above mean? (If you’ve have trouble with it, <a href=”/?p=9609″>check here</a>).
3. Almost I ____ it’s a _____ new material ____.
4. Alright guys, let’s do a little bit of ____ ____ with this _____.
5. What does the above sentence mean?
6. How does he describe the new “case.”
So, how much like a real leaked iPhone review is this? Check out the video below.
<iframe src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/Jn35DkJdSdY” width=”560″ height=”315″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=”allowfullscreen”></iframe>