Learning English with Television Series: Two and a Half Men
Another show that my students frequently mention as one of their favorites for learning English is Two and a Half Men. Once again, it’s a show I’ve never watched before. I probably learned the most about it when Charlie Sheen had his public meltdown a few months ago.
Anyway, I have to say the clip I link to here made be laugh a few times. Click here to watch the video on YouTube (they won’t let me post their videos on our site).
Here some listening questions to go with the video:
1. How does Alan know the phone call is for Charlie?
2. What does Charlie confuse for the word “Omelet?”
3. What’s the ___ ____ I don’t cry when I’m late.
4. You didn’t ______ to _____ her name, did you?
5. Why does he say “The stick turns blue.”
6. Go ahead, “___ ___ ___.”
7. What does #6 mean?
8. Why does Charlie celebrate?
9. What is the woman on the phone preparing to do?
10. Boy, don’t you ____ hate ____ ____ _______?