Facebook Madness! Advanced Listening Exercise
A lot of people wondered, and still wonder, if Facebook is really worth $100 billion. Over the next few months we’ll watch and see. In the meantime, I know a lot of our students are interested in the tech world, and especially the startup world that Facebook helped to create in many ways, so I’ve made a listening exercise with a video about the company going public.
The video is a little difficult, but it’s short, so you can watch it a few times. Below you’ll find listening questions.
You can write the answers below in comments, and we’ll give you the results.
- What information about Facebook were people trying to download from the internet?
- Apparently there were so many people that had _____ ____.
- What does the phrase from the sentence above mean?
- How many monthly active users does Facebook have?
- That’s basically __ ____ _____ almost everyone that has a computer in the world, has internet access in the world. (note: She’s wrong. There are about 2.45 billion.)
- What was Facebook’s warning about these numbers?
- What did Zuckerberg say in his 2,000 word letter?
- Why would this bother investors?