Born and educated in the United Kingdom and with a BA and qualifications in TEFL, Fiona’s extensive teaching career has taken her to different countries in South America and Europe over the past thirty years. She has experience teaching all levels and ages including preparing students for business exams such as BULATS and TOEIC, Cambridge PET, FCE, CAE and CPE as well as many years teaching Language and Literature in international schools for IGCSE and International Baccalaureate diplomas. Fiona has also coached students in public speaking and debates and is a certified examiner for both Cambridge and International Baccalaureate exams. Now settled in France, she loves being able to help learners gain confidence with their communication skills by ‘remote’ teaching and sharing knowledge, ideas and cultures with many more interesting and interested students around the world. She aims to deliver lessons that are engaging and above all relevant to the needs of every individual.
- Over 30 years teaching EFL
- Experience in language schools, businesses, one-to-one as well as online tutoring
- 15 years as Head of English at top international secondary schools in Spain, Peru and Brazil
- Examiner for both written and oral exams at (I)GCSE and International Baccalaureate
- BA in English and Spanish from the University of Bristol
- RSA diploma in TEFLA
- Speaks Spanish, French and Portuguese (Brazilian)
- Loves travel, walking her dog, sports, literature and working in the garden when it isn’t raining.