Debbie has been teaching at LOI for 5 amazing years and she can think of no better school! She is from Adelaide, South Australia and was accepted to the Bachelor’s in Social Studies and Secondary Arts Degree of UNISA. She is currently residing in Greece, where she obtained her teacher’s licence after sitting gruelling exams in the Greek language, which she speaks and writes fluently. She has worked in top English schools one of which is an official Cambridge Examination Centre, so she knows how to help students succeed in all Cambridge Exams. She has also worked as an Oral Examiner for both MSU and ESB. Debbie has vast experience in teaching GMAT,GRE,IELTS,TOEFL OET and other exams, and has also obtained certification in ‘IELTS Teaching Strategies’ and ‘Better TOEFL Writing’. She enjoys teaching all the 4 skills – Listening, Grammar, Speaking (including Pronunciation) and Writing (as a subject and proofreading and editing) and has a lot of experience in Interview Preparation. Debbie has helped many students in Greece with their English University Entrance Exams as well.
She is certified in teaching EFL/ESL, teaching Business English and teaching online (all TEFL/TESOL certified). She also has a Certificate of TESOL in Teaching Practice, a TEFL Master’s Certificate (awarded with a Higher Distinction), a CPE (Grade A –she is proud to have been 1 of the less than 1% who obtained it with that grade) and others. She is currently working on her Master’s in Educational Studies in TESOL and is considering taking on further studies in translation and interpretation when she finishes as she enjoys the entire process immensely. She enjoys studying and believes the more she learns the better she becomes as a person and as a teacher. Even though she has been teaching for over 26 years, she still adores it and tries to create enjoyable lessons in which students feel relaxed, have fun and learn at the same time. She enjoys adding touches of culture, history and literature when she teaches as well and is actively involved in Book Clubs. She knows that every person is different so there is no ‘one size fits all’ when it comes to materials, so the choices made are tailored to each student’s needs.
Debbie can help you really learn English and succeed in reaching your goals. Alexander the Great said, ‘There is nothing impossible to him who will try.’ Debbie strongly believes this applies to everything in life – including learning a language.
- Over 26 years teaching experience.
- Taught in Official Cambridge Private Language School in Greece
- Oral Examiner for Michigan State University
- Fluent in Greek (written and spoken).
- Taught in private English schools In Greece
- TEFL, TESOL certified in Teaching English and Teaching English Online.
- TEFL, TESOL certified in Teaching Business English.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Studies and Secondary Arts
- Cambridge Proficiency Grade A (in top 0.06%).
- TEFL Master's certified - Higher Distinction
- Certified in IELTS - Teaching Strategies
- Debbie loves watching movies/TV series and reading (a variety of genres). She loves history and enjoys learning as much as she can.
- Debbie loves listening to music (various types) and hanging out with her adult children and her friends. She also loves skyping with her family in Australia.