English Sentence Word Order 1 (Video and Exercise)
Word order in English can be difficult. We order the words in our sentences a bit differently than most other languages.
For instance, which of these is correct:
I like ice cream very much.
I very much like ice cream.
If you’re not sure, don’t worry! The video below will explain this to you. Watch it, then try the exercises.
Reorder the words below into sentences. You can type your answers in comments and we will respond.
1. like / I / you
2. Spanish / I / speak
3. hates / studying / he
4. they / song / a / to / listened
5. teach / English / we / online
6. I / see / you / can
7. buy / wine / he / wants to / a bottle of
8. watch / you / the / Olympics / Did / ?
9. brother / has / my / cats / two
10. have to / the book / read / you