How to Conjugate Turn Off
- Infinitive: Turn Off
- Present Tense: Turn Off/ Turns Off
- -ing Form: Turning Off
- Past Tense: Turned Off
- Past Participle: Turned Off
Definitions of Turn Off:
1. To stop a device from functioning.
Examples: Can you turn that radio off for a minute please? I am trying to speak with someone on the phone and we can’t hear each other.
Be sure to turn off everything before you leave the house.
2. To change course or direction.
Examples: We watched Stephanie leaving all the way until she turned off our street.
In life, it is easy to turn off course and take the easier route, but the rewards are greater when you don’t cut corners.
3. To cause someone to lose interest or feel offended.
Examples: Nothing turns me off more than an egotistical man.
Django is so in love with Bella that there isn’t anything she can do that would turn him off.
See our complete list of English phrasal verbs.