Talk Down To
How to Conjugate Talk Down To
- Infinitive: Talk Down To
- Present Tense: Talk Down To/ Talks Down To
- -ing Form: Talking Down To
- Past Tense: Talked Down To
- Past Participle: Talked Down To
Definitions of Talk Down To:
1. To talk to someone as if they are less intelligent than you by conveying a tone of voice or attitude that says so.
Examples: A good teacher never talks down to their students. They treat them with love and compassion instead.
He was mad at her for talking down to him in front of their friends.
See our complete list of English phrasal verbs.