How to Conjugate Straighten Out
- Infinitive: Straighten Out
- Present Tense: Straighten Out/ Straightens Out
- -ing Form: Straightening Out
- Past Tense: Straightened Out
- Past Participle: Straightened Out
Definitions of Straighten Out:
1. To make something straight.
Examples: She has curly hair, but she straightens it out with a flat iron.
She straightened out the crumpled paper with her hands.
2. To resolve a problem or misunderstanding.
Examples: The teacher sent the two students to the principal’s office to straighten out their differences.
Communication is the best way to straighten out problems in a relationship.
3. To improve someone’s attitude or behavior.
Examples: I need a glass of wine to straighten out my mood.
Many celebrities have gone to rehab to get themselves straightened out.
See our complete list of English phrasal verbs.