How to Conjugate Run Into
- Infinitive: Run Into
- Present Tense: Run Into/Runs Into
- -ing Form: Running Into
- Past Tense: Ran Into
- Past Participle: Run Into
Definitions of Run Into:
1. When collide with another object by accident.
Examples: A semi-truck ran into a Porsche on the highway.
The glass doors are so clean that I almost ran into them on my way outside.
2. To unexpectedly see a person you know.
Examples: I ran into my fifth grade teacher yesterday while I was getting coffee.
I used to run into Blake every weekend at the mall, but I haven’t run into him in a while.
3. To have an unexpected problem.
Examples: I was late to my appointment because I ran into an issue with my car.
My friend always runs into problems at the airport.
4. To enter a place quickly.
Examples: I just need to run into the store to get some bread.
Can you please run into the house and get my purse?
See our complete list of English phrasal verbs.