How to Conjugate Run Across
- Infinitive: Run Across
- Present Tense: Run Across/ Runs Across
- -ing Form: Running Across
- Past Tense: Ran Across
- Past Participle: Run Across
Definitions of Run Across:
1. To move or run from one side to the other.
Examples: He ran across the street to give her the sunglasses she had left in the lobby.
Yesterday, a dog ran across the street and was hit by a car.
2. To see someone or something by chance.
Examples: I ran across Brad Pitt in Greenwich Village on my way to brunch, and I asked him to join me. But, he politely declined.
Corey ran across a dead mouse when he was cleaning under his bed.
See our complete list of English phrasal verbs.