- List of 390 Most Common English Phrasal Verbs and Their Definitions
- Punch Out – English Phrasal Verb Definition with Examples
Punch Out – English Phrasal Verb Definition with Examples
How to Conjugate Punch Out
- Infinitive: Punch Out
- Present Tense: Punch Out/ Punches Out
- -ing Form: Punching Out
- Past Tense: Punched Out
- Past Participle: Punched Out
Definitions of Punch Out:
1. To record the time you leave the workplace using a special clock.
Examples: I punched out an hour earlier by mistake. Can I still change it?
Did you punch out for lunch?
2. To hit someone with your fist and make them go unconscious.
(Idiom) To punch someone’s lights out.
Examples: Did you see how Mayweather punched his opponent out? It was insane!
Leave me alone, or else I’m going to punch your lights out!
See our complete list of English phrasal verbs.