How to Conjugate Get Back
- Infinitive: Get Back
- Present Tense: Get Back/ Gets Back
- -ing Form: Getting Back
- Past Tense: Got Back
- Past Participle: Got/Gotten Back
Definitions of Get Back:
1. To return to a place.
Examples: I need to get back to the office by one o’clock.
She couldn’t wait to get back to bed.
2. To receive or return something previously borrowed.
Examples: I just got my laptop back from the repair shop.
Did you get those books back to the library on time?
3. To start doing something again.
Examples: Ok, everyone get back to work!
Greg got back to exercising regularly after the holidays.
4. To move away from something or someone.
Examples: Everyone got back as soon as the building started to fall.
The celebrity’s bodyguard told the paparazzi to get back.
See our complete list of English phrasal verbs.