How to Conjugate Fall Through
- Infinitive: Fall Through
- Present Tense: Fall Through/ Falls Through
- -ing Form: Falling Through
- Past Tense: Fell Through
- Past Participle: Fallen Through
Definitions of Fall Through:
1. If things do not go as planned, or if a plan, deal or agreement fails.
Examples: We were supposed to go camping, but the plans fell through at the last minute.
The job offer fell through because they couldn’t secure a budget for the position.
2. When someone or something falls via an opening or hole.
Examples: Do you remember that scene where Harry Potter fell through the ice while he was looking for the sword?
Don’t play on the frozen lake! You could fall through and drown!
See our complete list of English phrasal verbs.