How to Conjugate Fall Behind
- Infinitive: Fall Behind
- Present Tense: Fall Behind/ Falls Behind
- -ing Form: Falling Behind
- Past Tense: Fell Behind
- Past Participle: Fallen Behind
Definitions of Fall Behind:
1. To move slower than others.
Examples: The runner fell behind his teammates during practice.
Louis, try not to fall behind the rest of the group on the hike today.
2. To make less progress or to not do something on time.
Examples: I hate falling behind in my bills.
We fell behind in the meeting because there were too many off-topic discussions.
See our complete list of English phrasal verbs.