How to Conjugate Eat Up
- Infinitive: Eat Up
- Present Tense: Eat Up/ Eats Up
- -ing Form: Eating Up
- Past Tense: Ate Up
- Past Participle: Eaten Up
Definitions of Eat Up:
1. When someone consumes all their food.
Examples: He got really hungry and ate up all the food on the table.
Did you hear about the man that was eaten up by a hog?
2. To use large amounts of time, money, space, etc.
Examples: The music on my hard drive ate up a lot of space.
The stock market ate up all the money I invested.
3. To be filled with negative emotion.
Examples: What’s eating her up? She seems so miserable.
The king was eaten up by greed during his reign.
See our complete list of English phrasal verbs.