English Modal Verb Video 2: Might
The second video in our series on English modal verbs covers “might.” This is a modal verb that is very frequently used by native English speakers, but rarely used by students. Learning to use it will make your English sound more like a native speaker.
After the video, try doing some of the modal verb exercises below.Rewrite the sentences below using might.
- I am possibly going to visit Argentina next year.
- If it is nice out, I’ll probably go to the park.
- You may want to bring an umbrella today, I think it’s going to rain.
- If I had been a better student, I could have been fluent in Spanish when I went to Argentina.
- It would be fun to go somewhere warm this winter.
You’ll find our first video on English modal verbs here.