- English Listening Exercises
- English Listening Exercise: Christmas Movies for Practicing your English.
English Listening Exercise: Christmas Movies for Practicing your English.
In the spirit of the holidays, we have a couple listening exercises using Christmas movies. If you have some down time over the holidays and you are not relaxing on the beach somewhere, try watching some Christmas movies in English. Here are two of my favorites:
A Christmas Story:
1. You’re full of _____ and so is your old man.
2. Are you ______? Stick my tongue to that stupid pole?
3. I triple ____ ____ you.
4. What does it mean to ‘dare’ someone?
5. Well __ __ smart ass and do it. (phrasal verb)
6. ___ back! ____ back!!
7. The bell ______.
And here is one of our favorite scenes from Elf:
1. Wow! ____ ____?
2. This is the North Pole. No, ___ ___.
3. ____ work your favorite. Work is your new favorite.
4. What time is Santa coming?
Thanks to all our students for a great year. Happy Holidays and Happy New Year! We look forward to teaching you in 2014!