English Adjective Word Order (video and exercise)
Knowing how to order multiple adjectives in one sentence can really help your English sound more natural and fluent, especially when you’re talking to native speakers.
For example, do you know how to correctly order the adjectives in the sentences below?
My cat is (furry, awesome, small, old).
This is a (red, wool, beautiful, Irish) sweater.
Watch the video below to get the answers.
Order the adjectives below:
1. The couch is (classic, canvas, tan, small, new).
2. Her new apartment is (cool, blue, small, cozy, inexpensive).
3. The painting is (American, dark, oil, interesting, expensive).
4. My new car is a (1970s, blue, awesome, fast) Mustang.
5. Seattle is (fun, rainy, quiet, hip).
You can write your answers in comments below, and we will correct them.