A Changing Work Force: Listening Exercise
This is an interesting video about the changing workforce in the United States. As we become a world economy, it shows how we will depend highly on immigrant workers. It shows how our economy and job force is changing in the United States and I think supports the idea of learning a new language to expand your opportunities in the world. Try the listening and writing exercise below:
1. Think of the United States workforce as a _______ _____ _______.
2. How many people are in the workforce in the US?
3. But over the next two decades they will be leaving it in _______.
4. What percentage of the US workforce will immigrants account for?
5. Immigrants and their children helped _____ our railroads, _____ our cities, and _____ our information age.
6. What business did Ricardo and Elizabeth start? Where are they from?
Writing Exercise: How is the workforce in your country changing? Where will people be working over the next 20 years?