Business English: 10 Tough Job Interview Questions
One of the main reasons people come to us for English classes is preparation for job interviews in English. When we are preparing for interviews we always seem to focus on the easy questions – our academic background, previous work experience and why we are employable.
- What are your weak points?
- How do you handle criticism?
- Have you ever had a difficult relationship with a boss? How did you deal with this situation?
- Have you ever had a professional failure? What was this and how did you handle it?
- Why are you leaving your current position?
- Are your current employers aware that you are at this interview?
- What is the job you are applying for in coming here?
- What are your salary expectations with this job?
- Do you plan on having children? (Note: This question is not typically asked in the United States, due to discrimination laws.)
- What will you do if you don’t get this job?
Here is some advice on dealing with tough interview questions:
Did you find this blog helpful. Feel free to share it on Facebook and Twitter.