Blue Pill or Red Pill? Matrix Listening Exercise
I’m still hooked on watching classic movie clips on the YouTube Movie Clips channel. Today I came across one of my favorite scenes from The Matrix, where Morpheus offers Neo the chance to take the red pill or the blue pill.
It’s a great scene, and for English listening it’s got a couple nice phrasal verbs and expressions. Watch the video below, then see if you can answer the questions. Also, do you have any favorite movies you’d like to see us use as a listening exercise? Let us know in comments.
Answer the questions below in comments, and we’ll respond.
1. It is the world that has been ____ ___ your eyes to blind you from the truth.
2. Unfortunately no one can be told what the matrix is, you have to ____ ___ ___ ______.
3. After this there is no _____ ____.
4. What happens if he takes the blue pill?
5. What happens if he takes the red pill?
6. What popular story does Morpheus reference when he talks about the red pill?
7. Why do you think Morpheus makes his last warning, just before Neo takes a pill?
8. Which pill would you have taken?