Amy Winehouse Listening Exercise and lessons
A new movie about Amy Winehouse will be released in July. Are you interested in seeing the movie? I loved her music but I’m not sure if I’ll go see the movie. It’s just so sad when someone with so much talent self destructs. Do talented musicians in your country often die too early from drugs? Why do you think this is? The movie looks beautiful and emotional. I’ll let you know if I decide to see it. Try our listening exercise in which the director talks about a particular scene within the movie:
Answer the questions below in comments and we’ll respond.
1. Where is the filming at during this scene?
2. Why is this one of his favorite scenes from the movie?
3. Why is Amy being filmed in this particular footage?
4. Why does he decide to put the lyrics for Amy’s songs on screen?
5. How does he describe Amy and her relationship to recording her music?
6. Amy says, “Oh…It’s a bit _______ at the end, isn’t it?”
7. How does he describe her physical appearance?
8. “Like I said, it’s one of my favorite _____ in the movie.”
Also here is the official trailer:
Here we have a lesson about Amy Winehouse. We have several lessons created by our teachers Isaac and Kate about famous musicians so any of you music lovers that want to practice your English too are in luck.