Modal verbs such as might, can, would and should are often difficult for English language learners. So we’ve started a short series of videos to help you understand how to use them better.
The first video below covers the basics of modal verbs, and does a quick review of the modal verb “might.” Below the video you’ll find a few exercises.
Four of the five sentences below have have an error with their modal verbs. Can you find and correct them?
1. The president will to announce his new economic policy today.
2. She don’t should go out so late at night.
3. He cans play the guitar very well.
4. It’s 9 am, I must be at work now.
5. We might build a new website this month.