Mark is a native English speaker from Southern California, USA. He has been teaching English as a second language for over 10 years and has experience in teaching all levels and ages. He has helped many students prepare for examinations such as IELTS, TOEFL, and CAE. He also has worked extensively on the business side for educational firms and platforms (business development, consulting and management), and brings this experience into the class when necessary and/or desired. He propels his students to communicate in the English language and assists them with tools to improve their pronunciation, writing, reading, listening and speaking skills. He uses various online materials as well as LOI course materials and he is confident in his ability to deliver organized, dynamic, fun and informative lessons. Mark really enjoys teaching English because it allows him to not only help his students reach their goals, but also to learn about their culture and traditions. His goal is to give each of his students the tools to express themselves in English with confidence and motivate them to speak as much as possible!!!
- 5 years teaching online (LOI)
- Site Director/Teacher, Star Education (LAUSD, 2006-2007)
- Adult Education (Escuela Libre de Constitucion, FLA, 2017)
- TEFL/TESOL certified in teaching English (Oxford Seminars, Santa Monica, Ca., 2006)
- BA in Business Administration (CSUSB, California State University, 2006)
- Mark is an urban enthusiast, who loves cycling, sports, cooking, music and getting to know people.